Advancing Diabetes Health Care
The organization is founded with the purpose of:
- Raising public awareness on diabetes;
- Lobbying for the rights of people with diabetes;
- Education for Diabetes;
- Promotion of educational materials for diabetes;
- Organize trainings, seminars and workshops for diabetes;
- Marking of World Diabetes Day.
In order to accomplish its purposes, the organization will undertake, but will not be restricted to, the following activities:
- Organization of seminars, lectures, roundtables, and development of trainings for health sector projects, with the character of community education on diabetes risk;
- Publication of educational materials, educational brochures for diabetic patients;
- Organizing various educational visits to diabetic patients;
- Organizing national and international events in honor of the Diabetes Day;
- Lobbying and advocacy in local and foreign institutions for the rights of diabetic patients.
- Capacity Building of the Kosovo National Diabetes Association
- Lobbying and advocating for a better position of diabetic patients
- Membership in organizations of interest
- Promoting Healthy Lifestyle and Education
Main challenges of the association
- Lack of data and statistics
- Sustainable financing of the association
- Communication with decision-making institutions
Membership to the organization is open to any person regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, citizenship, nationality, religion, age or physical ability.
- The Assembly of Members shall determine whether a membership fee shall be required from members. Membership failure, upon written notice, will serve as a basis for expulsion of the member from the organization.
- Membership of any member can also be terminated or suspended by decision of the Assembly of Members in case of: Failure to enforce the statute of the association
- The termination or suspension of membership by the Assembly of Members shall be decided by the majority/unanimity of the members present.